Thursday 21 October 2010

The Lesser Spotted Individual Lolita...

Ok, I don't mean to start on a negative note.
 But, I just need to get something off my chest.


Who's bored of seeing the same Wonder Cookie dress on EVERYONE? The same hair, the same  shoes, the same makeup... I could go on and on.
Ok, me being 16 and all, I haven't had much of a chance to order any genuine lolita brands of the internet. It's either too expensive, or... yeah, actually, just that. I can't even afford shipping, no joke!
But all we see are pictures of similar dressed clones, all wearing the same dresses and shoes! What happened to individuality in lolita fashion?! I first got into the fashion because I had just discovered Japan, and all that- you don't really want the sad story of the typical 'alt' teenager finding out about Japan. I thought it was all really exciting, and so PRETTY. And most of all, unique.


                                                                                                     


But that's just what (some) lolitas aren't! You probably are, obviously. Just... we see so many pictures of lolitas all looking the same, and it's depressing... Usually, the richer you are (huh) the more branded stuff you can afford, and it kind of halts your individuality.


The Angelic Pretty girls do 'matchy-matchy'





Why not make your own stuff? I've made loli-bags, hair accessories, jewellry... Best of all, it's fun! It makes you feel so proud at the end, and you have one-off, completely individual creations ♥ MAJOR HEART.

Go crazy- buy some lace at your local haberdashery and sew it onto a plain dress, cut out hearts from cute material and pin them onto bags. If you're a really wild person, buy those iron-on transfers for T-shirts, and print out a cute picture and iron it on to your tee! Transfers are available from practically all stationary shops~ ♥
Also, bring some individual touches into your outfits. You should have a certain aspect to your style that you always bring in. For example, if you like socks, show em off! Make fancy socks your thing!  ♥ If you go for the punk loli look, pin badges you like everywhere! Show off your personality with your look!




Take note ladies; this is how it's done. By sewing toy ponies onto your dress and having crazy hair.


So, come on, people... I want to see you all lookin' crazy! That's what fashion is all about!

PS I'll post some photos of my creations in a little while ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment