Saturday 23 October 2010

Nail your lolita look ♥

Why hullo thur!~ ♥  It's a saturday, I've had a looooong lie-in and I've got 2NE1 blasting out. In short, perfect! It's a shame it's horrible weather outside~boo. North-west England is truly awful in mid October.

2440.jpg image by sbathija
Anyway, I just realised I should share something with you guys~ NAIL ART! It's so fun and it is bloody cute. No self respecting lolita would walk out of the house in her perfect outfit, perfectly made-up face, perfect accessories... and with scruffy nails. NO. The outfit ALWAYS comes down to accessories. They help give your look an edge, non?


You can do so much with your nails other than just a typical frenchie.You can paint small cute hearts on them- one time I painted my nails white with red hearts. They looked fab ♥ You can do flowers, musical notes- though not that ridiculous complicated one at the beggining- bows, cat heads, stars (though I'm not a big fan of stars myself). You can do them pale pink and white stripy. Very girlie-rococo. Checkerboard? That would take a lot of time but the end result would speak for itself ♥
If you're wild (why do I seem to use this word a lot?!) you can stick stuff on your nails too, to give them a 3D edge. Cheeky! Just little pieces of ribbon, lace, stickers... In fact, you can buy loads of cute nail stickers, craft gems and glitter from the high street. Take a peek into a Stationary Box or a similar stationary shop. ♥  Secure them with special nail glue that you get when you purchase false nails.

Oh Eva, you're so boring! Sod off with yer French Manicure

 
Talking about false nails- buy loads of sets, and for more elaborate designs, do them of the falsies and that way you can wear your favourite designs when it suits you.                                                                                        
Have a gander at this quick video, it features a Gyaru girl from England. She'll show you a thing or two about nail art. MAJOR HEART. ♥

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKadlblZf5U

If you're a lazy minx though, you can buy deco nails from retailers. I don't know many high street shops that do full-on deco style, but I'd strongly reccomend this wesbite~
http://www.yukiumi.com/en/index.php

It does pre-prepared false nails and also offers a huge range of accessories for nail and phone decoration. The site's worth a look at purely for the uber-cute design. There's clothes too! *excitable gasps*

Anyway, look at my favourite designs for nails. Maybe not the most practical option for a 16 year old student, but I can't help dreaming~ There's only one word I can use to describe them, and that's KAWAII. Yeah. I said it. Watcha gonna do?



Yukimi's teddy bears! Oh, oh, and it says 'hug me'! Shame it's so small...



I seriously wish these were my nails... Yukimi's bows, roses and hearts look like everything that is good about life was thrown into a blender and transferred onto these nails. Mmmmmm. Major jealousy.



 Oh; so cute! I love the glitter and gems on the nails as well, and the Japan-inspired-little-sweet-thing-with-a-face or whatever it is.

If there are bows that are too big to be on your nails, they should be on your nails! I look at these and I marvel at the detail. Look at the cupcakes and pie. LOOK AT THEM. It makes me pitifully sad when I look at my old, chipped polish. Oh my god, I am actually in love with these nails. It'd be annoying going for a wee though, with those


Ok, these are meeker than the nails above, but they're still something. I love dolce deco (mainly because I love eating cake) so I love these nails. I bloody love the fake whipped cream.
And the pale pink colour...








Ohhh, how will you ever go back to plain old polish again?


No comments:

Post a Comment